Distributed – Anywhere in the US
To Kristin Bass, State Compliance Lead
We are looking for a highly organized and detail-oriented Paralegal with experience in state registrations, entity compliance and entity management to join our operations team. This teammate will play a frontline role in supporting customers by handling various requests: both new state registrations (Secretary of State, Department of Revenue, Department of Labor, and Municipalities) and ongoing compliance support (annual report filings, account closure, updating contact information, etc.).
Background & Experience
A strong candidate would...
- Have 3+ years of direct experience with payroll tax & entity compliance experience with agencies of US states.
- Have an intimate understanding of the operating model and requirements of various state agencies: Secretary of State, Department of Labor, Department of Revenue, and Municipalities being essential.
- Understand nexus requirements for hiring, business operations, and conducting sales in a state (note: hiring & operations are the key components we handle; we do not handle sales tax compliance per se, but it's helpful to have a high level understanding of this for good customer outcomes).
- Have registered in dozens of different states, across these sorts of agencies (maybe even all 50 states!).
- Have strong organizational and communications skills.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks effectively.
- Have an intuitive understanding of patterns to help inform our product strategy.
- Be a stickler for document specifics. When a comma is out of place, it bothers you!
- Loves process and making repetitive tasks easier and issue-free.
You'll be working hands-on with dozens of customers – but don't worry! We have a lot of automation and systems to ensure that we can triage and manage workload effectively. Our customers are some of the most dynamic, fast growing and interesting businesses in startup technology.
* When we make our offer, we’d be happy to share more on how this is calculated.
** We recognize that people have personal situations with different cash needs; we're happy to discuss trading off cash and equity, as long as overall compensation is still in line with our bands.
*** Percentage ownership is based on current share count (fully-diluted shares outstanding); it does not account for expected dilution from already-issued SAFEs.